This week in Lauren is Having an Unprovoked Dilemma, I have been waking up with an utter sense of dread and despair. Is it because I realized that I have wasted time not loving One Direction until I saw their New Years Eve performance? I DUNNO, but it’s there and near palpable when sitting in the same room as me. Some other culprits could be withdrawal of chocolate because I haven’t had my usual 20lbs OR it could be expectation hangover from watching a series of celebrity documentaries.
To ease the discomfort, I’m currently watching Notting Hill, eating my fourth snack (croutons), and remembering that I haven’t done laundry in 3 weeks. To ease any future discomforts, I bought an emergency stash of How to Train Your Dragon macaroni and cheese. I bought a backup box of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle ones just in case.
To balance the physical healing with some emotional healing, I’ve taken the advice of a great abundance teacher (www.luckybitch.com) and have listed 50 things I accomplished in 2014. I’ll share some of my favorite on the list.
PLEASE SHOW ME YOURS BECAUSE I LOVE YOU.
- Left two jobs I hated.
- Joined a job I love.
- Got a second tattoo with one of my best friends.
- Saw the Rockets at Radio City Musical Hall in NYC on opening weekend.
- Went to California (and Coachella) for the first time. Also rented a shit car and got to drive around Palm Springs with my friends.
- Saw OutKast perform B.O.B. live.
- Finished The X-Files and Twin Peaks. Started Six Feet Under.
- Got published for the first time (on McSweeney’s!).
- Went to Colorado for the first time and sat on a stuffed jackelope.
- Got a first edition, signed copy of Lena Dunham’s “Not That Kind of Girl” and got to see Miranda Karr interview her live.
- Went to the Boston Music Awards and saw my brother’s band perform (and win awards!)
- Got to see Robyn in concert (and was overcome by my emotions and sobbed/laughed hysterically at the same time).
- Let go of a secret I had been keeping.
- Went to a male strip club for the first time and got the ones ripped out of my hands by those renegades.
- Had no shame and went as VIP to the Miley Cyrus Bangerz Tour.
HOORAY! Tell me all the cool things you did because this is the internet and we can do that!
Do you have any resolutions for 2015? Any regrets from 2014 (why would you, that’s a waste of time!)? TELL ME EVERYTHING!
Okay, have a lovely night and don’t forget to floss after every meal. xoxoxox